Thursday, November 08, 2007

No good game will go unplayed

Since the beginning of this fall's game releases I've bought several games. There are even more hits coming out that I will not buy myself for a few reasons. Income isn't necessarily the problem, I just have allot of games on my plate as it is, and between now and Christmas (when I've asked for games of course) I won't have finished them all.

We'll start with the games I'm passing on. I played the demo of ratchet and Clank recently and it won me over. Now I missed all three of the first games on the PS2. Don't ask me why, I just never played them. Probably because I faced the same dilemma I face now. SO I played the demo and I decided that I need more of it, but I just can't get it now.

Next up, Kane & Lynch. From what I have read of previews and seen in demo movies. This game looks off the charts. Done by the same people who do the Hitman series, I don't doubt that this game won't aim to please.

Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008. I love wrestling. Not lately, but it's in the blood. My family has been into the WWE since I can remember and since then it's become apart of who I am today.
Even though the show sucks recently. (Recently like the past couple of years) Vince could give a rats ass with what the fans want to see, it's what he thinks is funny. Plus they have allot of problems going on within the company with all the substance abuse scandals and such. Anyways, the games have always been fun and if I can't enjoy the weekly shows I at least want to get my fix somewhere, right?

Now I'm choosing to pass on these games because I have like four of the more recent titles left to finish and some to start! Manhunt 2 for instance, yeah been stoked about that game since it was revealed. Even with the censorship, still wanted to experience it for myself. Even skipped my class that night to get it. I got it alright and it's been in the same spot since. Beautiful Katamari? Fell prey to Half Life 2. Been playing HL since. Still not done with that one either. Bought Guitar hero 3. It ran me $100! I just scratched the surface on that one.

Next week is the release of the highly anticipated Super Mario Galaxy. Along with Dragon Ball Z: Tenchiachi 3 and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. Oh, along with Assassin's Creed and Kane and Lynch. So you see? I'm committed to about $150 bucks next week as it is. I can't do this much longer. Plus I want to leave my wife something to get me for Christmas.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. I'm about to add a new list to the side of my blog. About the Games I'm playing now will be the games I've finished recently. That list won't be as spectacular.

Tomorrows post will discuss the idea that I just got writing this post. Why I can't seem to finish games anymore. Is there a bigger problem then all theses release dates running so close together? Am I growing up? Or even worse...growing out of games? My passion?

Later days...

No comments: