Sunday, November 04, 2007

Four seasons

Is it me or are there a shitload of games that have come out in the last two months or so? The onslaught is relentless and November has only started.

I've picked up most of the hits. I think we can all agree that there is something for everyone. It started with Bioshock in August for me. Awesome game. At the time to me it the easy game of the year. Then everything else came out and confused me. I still haven't finished it though for various reasons. A family being one, and more new releases being the other!

I'm going to say what allot of people have said lately, don't developers realize there are four other seasons besides fall? I mean okay so here comes Christmas and it makes lots of money for allot of companies, but wouldn't some games far allot better if there wasn't so much competition? There are already allot of games that are going to get ignored because of bigger hits. I personally am thankful that some games got pushed back. Like GTA4. I'm busy enough as it is, like I need another game to make matters worse for me. You got allot of people pissed about the SSBM delay. (Super Smash Bros. Melee) It's a good thing people, trust me. It Just means that if you thought things couldn't get any better this fall, wait until winter and spring!

With all these great games, one has to wonder how next fall will fair. Think about it. You've got games coming from the big franchises either this fall, or early to mid next year. So there won't be a Halo, a Super Mario Galaxy or Call of Duty next fall. So when Christmas comes around next year what will there be to ask for?

Later days...

No comments: