Monday, November 05, 2007

I'll pen you in for 10 AM

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT!!!!!

So today I'm on Gametrailers.com and I'm a member there. (Check the link) Occasionally they have a topic that's worth my opinion. Today there is a gentleman on there talking about how his lady wants him to game less. I guess he's lost his 360 until tomorrow and now she wants to impose limits. He claims all he has been doing is watching TV since it's departure and she calls that an "improvement". So he calls upon his fellow gaming brothers to ask what limits do anyone else has on the amount of gaming done at any particular time. It's mostly aimed at the older audience, which I am.

The comments were all very funny and they all had the same theme. If she's going to try to control you, then cut the b*tch! I find this incredibly funny and I didn't quite expect this much of an out pore. You've got people claiming that games come first before girls. (Which you could argue that there is something terribly wrong with that statement) Now I don't know about that. I believe it boils down to control and someone feeling neglected Vs. the actual games themselves. He could have been bowling as much as he's playing games and the problem would be the same. Or would it? After all, she claimed watching TV was an "improvement". So it could be about the games.

My take? Well a relationship expert would encourage compromise and that scheduling may not be that bad an idea, but f*ck that $hit. If he's been gaming long time then they were there first. If you don't like it, though titties. I may sound immature, but it's true. I've been with my wife for six years or so before we got married and she knew that my game playing came with the package and still wanted to be with me after the fact. (That's why I love her so!)
Had she told me to quit or tried to limit me on my game playing, there is the door lady!
Especially if him and his lady arn't serious and shes just the flavor of the week or something.
There is no shortage of women out there, gentlemen. What one won't tolerate you can find three others that will.

Now I know what you're thinking. I'm talking big $hit right now, but would I follow my own advice if my lady tried something like this tomorrow? I would definitely have a problem with it since I take care of all my other responsibilities. It's my way of unwinding, my outlet if you will. There are much worse things I could be doing. Like watching TV all the time...sakes...

No comments: