Wednesday, November 07, 2007

GOTY

I won't get too deep into this topic because there are still a few high profile titles to be released and reviewed but I look forward to the game of the year.

This year is an especially tight race. We've got so many big name titles coming out, and some already out that it's disgusting. I just watched the review on Gametrailers of SMG (Super Mario Galaxy) They gave it an 9.8. Granted we've still got like six days before the general public get their hands on it so they can weigh in but I'd say it's one of my top three to get GOTY. The 360 GOTY will be tough too. Like I said, I choose three games that I think will be GOTY:

Super Mario Galaxy
Halo 3
COD4

I do believe that the Orange box deserves an Honorable mention though. If there was an award for most bang for your buck, it would have it hands down for sure.

My pick? Man it's a REAL tough call. Halo 3 is hot but in my opinion doesn't bring anything new to the table. Now before people start booing me, I DO NOT HATE HALO. I just don't dig it. I love shooters, but this one doesn't appeal to me very much. I think it's great that any game has fanatics like this one does and breaks into mainstream media in a positive light for once, since almost every time a game is on the news it's for something negative. (That's another post)
COD4 is another shooter and true like Halo I guess you could argue doesn't bring much to the table new either. But SMG? Man in the review (which you can see on Gametrailers.com) they call this epic. I believe they mentioned "redefining a genre". You don't hear that very often anymore. If I had to pick now it will be SMG. Ladies and gentleman, if that review holds true, I think they (meaning Nintendo) might have just reinvented the wheel.

So like I said I don't like sharing my thoughts on this topic too early cuz' we still got some titles to come out. Assassin's Creed and Rock Band are just two of them. However, after X-mas you better believe all bets are off, and you people will get the real deal from me. Until we meet again...

No comments: