Friday, November 16, 2007

Here I am

Hey everybody! Sorry it's been awhile. Life caught up with me, you know? My son can be a full time job. Apparently I won't have made a post everyday for "blogging month" or whatever the hell it is. It's alright though. I'm pretty much back into the swing of things and hopefully I'll have a string of new posts for awhile.

So what new, ahh yes. A few days ago news broke that there was going to be a new Ghostbusters game coming for the big consoles next fall. Now I thought the game was still in the planning stages or something. Come to find out, today some game play footage was released.
All I have to say is....HOLY SHIT!!!! This is the game I've been waiting for.

I take my childhood seriously. I have allot of fond memories of watching cartoons on Saturdays with my brother and being into everything else that kids my age were into. One of those things were Ghostbusters. It would have to be my absolute favorite show from my childhood. I watched all the shows and had all the toys, quite honestly those were some of My favorite years. Sadly, no one ever really made a GB game worth a shit. There were two games for the NES and one for the Genesis. The First one for the NES was bad. The second one was a little better and the one for the Genesis was okay. (Never spent much time with that one though) It's one of those franchises that has a great premise and one paper should make for a fuckin' awesome videgame. Yeah well it never really happened like that.

To get an idea real quick about series that should have made great games but doesn't take Sonic the Hedgehog. ever since he stopped making games for the Genesis you could argue they've never been that great. The latest flop was the Sonic game that came out for the next-gen consoles. Yeah, they sucked real ass. Everything from camera issues to just plain old bad game play just made some of us think that Sonic has had it.

Anyway, back to the Ghostbusters games. Personally, I think this is "freakin' sweet". This could be the fix I've needed. I mean ever since the cartoon ended and they stopped making the toys, I've felt kind of empty. I wish I had a game to go back to that could remind me of my great days being a kid and watching the show. This could be the chance to make my childhood whole. I just might be able to die a happy man. (I told you I hold my childhood dear)

The other side of the coin is that this could go totally wrong. Like for instance the Transformers game based on the movie. Sucked. I hate when people stain certain elements of my younger days. JUst like Transformers. Or what they did to the Ninja turtles. We all know that a developer can take some of the best elements of a game in progress and stitch them together to hype you up and make something look great. Months later, you plunk down your hard earned sixty bucks only to find out it's total crap. Once again someone has abused a licence. Even though a big plus of this game is they got the original cast of the movie to do voice work as well as script work. Which makes me feel real good about it. So the chances of it being crap have been reduced. It's also supposed to be a true sequel to the movies. Which means maybe we'll see something besides stuff from the first two. Which if they were done right I wouldn't mind playing through them either.

So as you can see I'm completely stoked about this project. Only catch? We have to wait until next fall! Which means that the industry is already loading the cannons for next year. Even though I don't think next fall will be quite as epic as this. The whole year overall is looking good though. SO far we have:

  • Super smash Brother Brawl (feb 10, Wii)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 (Summer, PS3)
  • GTA4 (Summer multi platform)
  • God of war 3 (Fall?)

Yeah the last one is just a rumor now. At least the release part is. So if they spread this out like they say then I just might have more money in my pocket at the end of next year.

Anyhow, that's all I have for now. I'll attempt to keep the posts coming.

Later days

No comments: