Saturday, November 24, 2007

A little of this...a little of that

Yeah. Here I am. Back to drop some more knowledge on you.

Okay, so whats new in the gaming world this past week. Well, Rock band was released. The reviews say it's great. I expected no less. I just made a post requesting information on the supposed supply problem that was going to happen. I haven't been looking but it comes as no surprise that supply wasn't going to meet demand. I'll keep you posted on that issue.

I just read the article in Game informer about the new Ghostbusters game. From what I've read it's going to be even better then I had first hoped! It's a good read. Mentions that the original cast are going to reprise their roles and do voicwork and Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis are going to write the script. I think they will raise the bar on what a game based on a movie should be. How many other movie based games have the actors doing their voicovers? Try practical none. This should be great and I think it's going to be a long wait until next fall.

I'm still behind in my game playing. I think this week I might have logged in maybe 5 to 8 hours of total game play. Uhh, I'm pathetic I know. I've tried my best not to let stuff interfere with my game playing but to no avail lately. I still have brand new copies of Call of Duty 4 and Manhunt 2 to open and explore. The reviews on Manhunt are still across the board. The x-play review gave it a 2 out of 5. The Game informer review gave it a 7.75 out of 10. Like I said before, I will make my final judgement late after I play the game for myself. I like reviews and I like to see what other people think about games. There are a few sources that I consider highly. X-play is one of them. Reviews aren't always right though and this is one game that I will not allow the thoughts of others to influence my own.

Oh, and speaking of games I haven't played, I just started Super Mario Galaxy this past week. Only played it for a few hours but so far so good. I still think it will make GOTY. It;s different from allot of other stuff that's out there. We'll know soon enough though. Oh, and fuck those Spike TV game awards.

Alright. Well it's late and that's it for me. I'll do my best to post more this week. Until then...

No comments: