Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Fever Pitch

Here we are, just a few mere days from the release of Grand Theft Auto. Incredible, isn't it?
It's very hard for me to believe. I like many others thought we'd never get this far. I look very forward to this. I think this is one of those times I'm glad to be around for in the game industry.
Forever will I remember what I was doing or wasn't doing when GTA4 came out. You know whats going to be surreal though is holding my copy in my hand. You can't help but feel bad for games like MArio Kart that come out tomorrow and anything else that comes out in the next like month because it will be overshadowed by GTA. I almost decided not to get Mario KArt cuz' I know I won't spend enough time with it even though when has not having enough time to dedicate to a game stop me from buying it. Hell I still have a brand new SEALED copy of Call of Duty 4 from launch day that hasn't seen the light of day. Shit, they just released a Game of the Year edition of that game! Everybody is saying it's the best shooter period.

Everybody is doing like a midnight opening to celebrate. I however am not attending. Why? I hate crowds. I figure If I go later on Tuesday, probably Tuesday evening, almost everybody who's going to pick their copy will have done so at like midnight. So maybe I can avoid a bit of a crowd and confusion, I hope.

It's funny, I was reading on gametrailers a forum post form this 14 year old kid who didn't have a job and had like five bucks left and needed advice on how to get money to buy GTA. I felt so bad for him! Now see this is the type of sh*t i was talking about awhile ago, you know about how it sucks to be a kid. I remember what it was like. Parents who don't just buy you stuff for the hell of it so you have no choice but to trade in your old stuff to get new stuff. Thankfully I had the best grandparents you could ask for who spoiled us rotten but here is a kid who probably is a good guy, gets good grades and just needs a little help getting new games to do what he enjoys.

Ahh well. So, a bid thee farewell for now. Hopefully I'll check in soon. Hell who am I kidding, no one will be reading, everyone will be playing GTA from now until the next one comes out...

No comments: