Tuesday, November 04, 2008

We're in the fall

Hi everybody! So October has come and gone already and we're left with some great games in it's aftermath. I'd like you to know that out of the six games I bought in October I opened all but two.
I think my favorite so far would have to be Fallout 3. At least it's the one I'm into the most. The game is pretty good. It's the first RPG i've picked up in a long time. It's actually kind of overwhelming at first. The land is so vast and all of it is open to you right at the beginning. I think I've been playing for 10 hours or so and I don't think I'm even close to finishing it. The story is good and the game is nice and violent so I have no real complaints so far.

I started little big planet a few days ago and that's okay so far. I think I'm still waiting to have my "moment" with that game though. Everybody has been really high on the game even way before it's release. I get the feeling that I'm supposed to fall in love with the game right away but so far it hasn't happened yet. I like it don't get me wrong but it just hasn't happened yet. My wife and I even started playing it together and she likes it. In fact She enjoys really playing with me. She might like it more then I do but I don't know.

I just have the same complaint everybody else it having. All these games, not enough time. Like I've spent the last two or three nights up until like 2 AM playing Fallout. It takes something pretty special to make me stay up that late to play anything. I try my best to concentrate on one game at a time. Two tops. It's the best way for me to get through them. The year will end I still won't have them all complete. There still four more games for me to buy this year. Two of them I'm really looking forward to. I'm mostly hyped up for Left for dead. I'm also looking forward to MK vs. DC universe which I had my reservations about at first but after seeing some screen shots and reading some previews I'm looking forward to it. I've decided to pass on Prince of Persia. I'm just not feeling it right now. That and I've given the game industry enough of a donation this year.

You'd think with all these cool games that I wouldn't be so eager to get to next years games so quickly. But yeah I am. Street Fighter 4 comes out in February! Hell if it hits Japan before the US you better believe I'm importing it! I'm not being left out of this one. You can't forget Resident Evil 5 in march. What about the game that I was looking forward to this year more then any other game and got dropped by it's publisher. Thats right, Ghostbusters! Which I guess has been picked up by Atari games yet they have yet to make an official announcement about it.
I really hope they say something soon.

So that's it for now, I have to check back in with election coverage. Until next time...

No comments: